The world mourns the loss of Inspirational Guru Zig Ziglar. Yes, he taught us how to be better in business. But more importantly, he inspired us to be better in life.
When I started my first business, right out of college, I spent the summer reading books by Zig. I owe much of my excitement and motivation to him.
I met Zig a few years ago at a business event. When I took this picture with him, he whispered one of his amazing “Zig-isms” into my ear. It is something I remember every day. I’m so grateful I got to meet this amazing, thoughtful, gentle man.
Here is a list of some of my favorite inspirational quotes from Zig:
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
- Stop selling. Start helping.
- Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side.
- People who have good relationships at home are more effective in the marketplace.
- You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want.
- Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.
- Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the ‘gotta have it’ scale.
- What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
- You never know when a moment and a few sincere words will have an impact on a life.
- Other things and people can stop you temporarily. You’re the only one who can do it permanently.
How can you not love this guy? Rest in peace, Zig.