Nobody wants to alienate potential clients or offend people that may be interested in working with them. However, it is much more important to take a stand and pick a side on important issues that relate to your brand. Nika Stewart and Robert Mandelberg discuss the intricacies of picking a side and doing it in a constructive way that will actually end up adding credibility and authenticity to your brand.
Rob and Nika first explain what the curse of being neutral is and how it can hurt your brand more than help it. They also discuss the importance of making sure you take a stand on things that are relevant and in-line with your core branding. Rob and Nika really drive home the fact that you and your audience will connect better when you show them authenticity and a back-bone.
Listen to the Full Episode:
- The curse of being neutral.
- Why remaining neutral negatively effects your brand.
- Why you do need to have a viewpoint.
- How to have a viewpoint and avoid neutrality without being truly offensive or divisive.
- Why it’s so important to build a strong brand that isn’t neutral.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to share a viewpoint that is relevant to your brand.
- The importance of authenticity and credibility and how being neutral damages that.
- How you can actually save time and find better clients by taking a stand.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources & Links:
- Robert Mandelberg: Website | Twitter | Linkedin
- Nika Stewart: Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin
- Ghost Tweeting Personal Brand Assessment
- Ghost Tweeting – The Shine Podcast
- The Shine Podcast in iTunes | Stitcher
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: